The Women’s Ministry at Parkers Lake Baptist Church seeks to uphold the church’s vision to Know God, to Love both God and others, and to Serve God. We support this 3-fold vision through both formal and informal women’s events.
To KNOW God, with emphasis on how, in light of who God is, we then are to live out God’s unique design for Christian womanhood (I Peter 3: 1 – 7, Ephesians 5: 22-33)
- Bible Study: The women of PLBC regularly meet for small group Bible study throughout the year. (Insert current Bible study led by Karen Heuer)
- Scripture Memory: Women of PLBC are motivated to memorize God’s word. Meeting times vary according to interest and availability.
To LOVE God and Others, especially encouraging women through Biblical mentorship and Christ-centered community (Titus 2:3-5)
- Mentorship: PLBC women value Biblical mentorship and seek to encourage women to grow in their love for God and others. The women of PLBC mentor through both formal and informal relationships, embracing opportunities to allow for mentorship through precious conversations before and after church, prayer times, and already scheduled activities. Please see a deaconess (listed here (<<<insert link)) if you are interested in embarking on a formal mentorship relationship.
- Mom’s Morning Coffee: This PLBC group welcomes mothers to young children available during the day (participants range from working mothers with a day off to stay at home moms, from home-schooled families to traditionally schooled families). Events range from in-home fellowship during the winter to beach or park days during the summer.
- Young at Heart Women: Monthly fellowships for more seasoned ladies of PLBC.
To SERVE, challenging women towards a heart of service and good works motivated by our love for God and others (I Timothy 2: 9-15, I Peter 4:8)
- Social Committees: The women of PLBC enjoy working together to serve our church. Social committees serve as an opportunity to work together coordinating monthly church-wide events.