The Women’s Ministry at Parker’s Lake Baptist Church seeks to glorify God by encouraging each woman to grow in her understanding and obedience of the Bible, especially as it relates to Christian womanhood. The Women’s Ministry will fulfill this purpose by implementing a 3-fold mission:
- To instruct women on how to live out and enjoy God’s unique design for Christian womanhood as an act of worship to her Creator (1Peter 3: 1-7, Ephesians 5: 22-33).
- To encourage and equip women to participate in biblical discipleship and mentoring intended to facilitate spiritual, relational, and personal growth (Titus 2:3-5).
- To challenge women towards a heart of service and good works motivated by a desire to love God and others earnestly (1Timothy 2:9-15, 1Peter 4:8).
Opportunities for Involvement:
Women’s Meetings: Meetings are held every other month on Fridays at 7:00 pm in the Fireside room. See the Bulletin for meeting topics and dates.
Heart2Heart: A woman’s mentoring ministry designed to enable women, through the contexts of both modeling and instruction, to:
- Apply principles of Christian womanhood to all of life
- Encourage obedience to God and ministry to others in daily life
- Provide involvement and relationship between women, including the opportunity for accountability through heart level interaction
- Equip women with practical living skills related to individual roles, life seasons, and local church ministry opportunities
Women’s Book Studies: Women meet Sundays at 5:00 pm to study a book designed to encourage Christian growth.
Scripture Memorization: Women meet the first Sunday of each month at 4:30 pm to maintain accountability for scripture memorization.
If you have questions or would like to participate in some of these ministries, please see Mary Mead or Shelly Lynch or contact them via email at [email protected].