The Women’s Ministry at Parkers Lake Baptist Church seeks to uphold the church’s vision to Know God, Love God and each other, and Serve others. We support this 3-fold vision through both formal and informal women’s activities.
To Know God
- Bible Study: The women of PLBC study a book of the Bible in small group format, often using a Bible Study guide. Groups meet in varying locations and times to accommodate busy schedules and differing needs, with the day group allowing for a childcare option. For Fall 2023, we will go through Jen Wilkin's 10 week study called Better: A Study of Hebrews.
- Book Study: The women of PLBC read and discuss books aimed at teaching us either more about God or a relevant topic of Christianity. Recent books include: Hospitality Comes with a Housekey by Rosaria Butterfield, The Reason for God by Timothy Keller, and Women of the Word by Jen Wilken.
- Fall Retreat: This half-day event is meant to strengthen the women of PLBC in their walk with the Lord. Through special speakers, singing, and yummy treats there is ample opportunity to learn more about our Savior and refocus our attention on knowing, loving, and serving Him. The 2023 Retreat will be on Saturday October 28 in the PLBC Fireside room from 9:00 am - 11:30 am.
To Love God and Others
We seek to love God and others by encouraging one another through Biblical mentorship and Christ-centered community (Titus 2:3-5)
- Mentorship: PLBC women value Biblical mentorship and seek to encourage women to grow in their love for God and others. The women of PLBC mentor through both formal and informal relationships, embracing opportunities to allow for mentorship through precious conversations before and after church, prayer times, and already scheduled activities. Reach out to our women's ministry coordinator, Mary Mead, if you are interested in embarking on a formal mentoring relationship.
- Mom’s Morning Coffee: This daytime group welcomes mothers with young children to a weekly fellowship consisting of in-home gatherings and community meet-ups--all are welcome! This group typically meets on Wednesday mornings throughout the school year. Please see Moriah Gilbertson for more information on this weekly group.
- Women's Craft Events: PLBC offers periodic crafting events to allow women to express God-given creativity and to provide the opportunity to invite friends and neighbors to PLBC.
We are regularly informed of opportunities to serve the church family and our community by PLBC deaconesses. Opportunities include: making meals for new moms or sick members, prepping for a church fellowship, organizing a baby shower, or helping with a funeral.
Our deaconesses work together with the women of PLBC in promoting such opportunities for joint service in the local church. We seek to provide regular avenues of service through sharing in hospitality, lending aid to those in need, and planning church-wide events for fellowship and outreach.
Mary Mead, Women's Ministry Coordinator
The PLBC Women’s Ministry Coordinator serves the women of PLBC by collaborating with church leadership to promote and coordinate opportunities for the women of PLBC to grow in their knowledge of God, their love of God and each other, and their service to God’s church and the community.